2009-07-12

Middle of the Road

I understand when people are faced with some issues and they are unsure of the answers. For me, it's the legalize drugs issue. I don't want drugs legalized. I don't want to be in a restaurant with my daughter and look over to see some guy putting a dose of heroin in his arm. No, that's not the world I want to live in. Look at Amsterdam. That's not what I want for my country.

However, I do understand the other side of this argument. As a conservative, it's just a fundamental belief that we believe in limited government; the less the better for everyone. So, I "get it." I STILL have an opinion though. I STILL don't want drugs legalized. I'm not exactly sure it's the right opinion because, I'm willing to admit, I could be wrong.

What I don't get is when people just don't have an opinion about ANYTHING. They make a stand for nothing on almost everything! It drives me completely nuts. They just want to walk in the middle-of-the-road, as if they are too afraid to "offend" anyone. Don't they know when you walk down the middle of the road, you get run over?

That's the problem in this country. Too many people are getting run over and they don't even seem to care! Hell, I have more respect for the folks that are on the far left. At least they have an opinion.

One of my favorite quotes in the Bible, KJV of course, is from Revelations. It's Rev 3:16 to be exact. It says, "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

Neither hot nor cold...

I realize the folks that consider themselves in the middle are probably great people that are really nice. I know a few of them but, in the times we live in, we as Americans, really need to start deciding what side of the road we want to walk on.

I'm walking on the far right. Care to join me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner