2011-03-18

Conspiracies, The End of the World, Oh Emm Gee!, Holy Cow!

I have a confession. I used to be one of these conspiracy kooks. Only for a little bit but, then I went back to school. I studied enough to learn about how logic works and how anything can have holes poked into it. All stories have "flaws" and all stories demonstrate that sometimes we have to accept that things don't always work out as expected but, that the absence of something isn't proof of something sinister.

False dichotomies are the basis of most of these conspiracies, along with the idea that if you ask an absurd question, that in of itself is "proof " of something. Wrong.

Even in a laboratory setting, you will find that even though the environment is completely controlled, the person doing the experiment will often witness parts of the result to be inconclusive or not match what is expected. Does that imply that there was an evil force at work contaminating the experiment? No.

Then we have the ultimate question -- let's say all these crazy conspiracies ARE in fact true, lets say that the earthquakes are man made, and the government is doing all of these evil things; let's pretend for a moment that somehow we are all stupid and Alex Jones does know better, because "he asks questions," what then? What are you going to do about it? What is anyone going to do about it? If all of the elite are just that, a bunch of folks who the common man has no hope of infiltrating and changing, what can any of us really do?

Well, I know what I'm doing. I'm living my life. I'm standing up for what I know is right. I'm doing what I love; I'm raising my baby. I'm not wasting any time. Bottom line, I can only love and love the Lord and if He takes me, He takes me. I worry not about stocking my shelves with food, and extras...for what? What if I'm not anywhere near home when something occurs? A lot of help all that extra stuff is going to do me. I can't just stay at home 24 hours a day, everyday, waiting for the big boom. If something happens, and G-d wants me to live, He'll find a way to give me what I need. He always has before! Always! He's NEVER failed and He never will. He rained Manna down on His people before, He'll do it again.

...and for those that do not believe in G-d, well...I am not going to lecture you and tell you there is a G-d but, it's pretty obvious to me. Anyway, what are you going to do? Just because someone doesn't believe in G-d doesn't mean they don't understand what morals are and the importance of them. So, the only moral thing to do is live your life. Love, and don't waste time.

G-d bless you all and have a great weekend. Relax, enjoy life, and love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner