2010-05-15

A Message About Immigration

Stéphanie is very dear to me. I call her my sister. She is a legal immigrant from France. She wrote what I am about to share with you. Her words brought tears to my eyes.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm an immigrant but I pay my taxes, I contribute to the country welcoming me, I spend my money here and not to build a house in the country I come from and to hear some say "back home" aggravates me. If it's your home then stay there!


And I don't need to press 2 to hear my language because I had the decency and respect to learn English. I love Thanksgiving and the 4th of July and I noticed after 2 years here I forgot the 14th of July, just passed the date. 

I want to know more of the history, the writers, artists, everything that makes America. I don't stay stuck in my French culture, I don't throw it, I'm proud of it, but I adjust with pride and desire to do so. 


Remember the Melting Pot: "a place where immigrants of different cultures or races form an integrated society", INTEGRATED not a division of groups, a United Nation.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God,indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."


I for one understand that people want to move here, I moved my family 9 years ago, but I did it legally and respectfully. 

And if I wanted to have most of my salary taken away to help illegal immigrants by paying for their health care, schools and so on I would have stayed in Europe.

Living in America is extraordinary but things have to be done the right way. I wouldn't want people squatting my place indefinitely at my expenses would you?

My family moved from Mongolia to Poland then to France and we all have a framed copy of my grand parents' French certificate of naturalization because they were proud of it! They earned and deserved it.

The day I will become American will be the day of my birth and I am moved to tears just to think of it! That day I will be complete and blessed to be a citizen of the greatest country in the world.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner