2010-06-24

The Center for Science in the Public Interest to Sue McDonald's Over Toys

CSPI, or The Center for Science in the Public Interest, is claiming that toys in McDonald's Happy Meals violate laws because, they entice children to eat high calorie foods. 

Last I checked, McDonald's has been putting toys in children's meals for years and years. They are claiming that parents get worn down and, just don't want to say no to their children. 


Of course, it's not the parents fault, it's McDonald's fault for advertising. That is simply the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you're a parent and you're that weak that you can't ever say no to your child, then I'm thinking you shouldn't of had children in the first place. 


Yes, it is hard to say no to children, especially when they are yours. I know all about that but, it's part of being a parent! It's not an easy job. It's the hardest job I've ever had but, I wasn't allowed to go to McDonald's everyday. I don't know any child that grew up on McDonald's everyday or, even once a week. If my parents can do it, any parent can. 


There is NO denying we definitely have an obesity problem in America. I look around and see fat kids everyday. I cannot believe the stuff parents feed their children and allow them to get fat the way they do. This is most definitely a reality. It does come down to choices and, this is a free country. Instead of spending money suing McDonald's, perhaps CSPI should spend time trying to educate parents on the dangers of obesity in children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner