2009-08-12

Racist and She Doesn't Even Know It

I had the great pleasure of speaking with an Obama supporter this week. She also happened to be black. She's an acquaintance of mine and she decided to bring up Obama.

It all started when she made the comment about how great it is to have a "black man" in office. To which I responded, "Well, he's actually half black and half white." This was completely unacceptable to her. She immediately responded, "Oh, no, he's black, if you half black and half white, you black."

I just shook my head and then she spoke of a friend of hers, who I also know. Of her other friend, she said, "Now, she's half Mexican, half black but, she black too."

So, this got me wondering, "So, what am I? I'm half Mexican, half white." (I'm actually 1/4 Mexican, 1/4 Indian, and 1/2 Polish but, I was just trying to make things simple for her.) Her response, "You white."

So, I really don't know if she realized that she basically just told me, Black trumps White, and White trumps Mexican.

If anything Obama should call himself white. It was his mother who raised him. His black father wasn't around.

If someone is mixed, they are MIXED. It isn't one over the other and the reason why is because, both parents matter.

Oh well, ignorance is bliss I guess and of course, it's totally cool for a black person to be racist and say this crap but, if a white person dare say anything that could even be remotely construed as racist, the whole world must pause!

4 comments:

Asia Reeves said...

Yes, it is totally cool for blacks to say these things and get away with it, which is why I mainly focus on Reverse Discrimination. I've grown tired of the pass given to my people and have been vocal about this very thing for the past 2 months. I call these double standards out on my FB/Twitter pages daily and have gained a lot of support. I made a video to counter Jesse Jackson's racist bid for a "black national anthem". I've condemned the Obama Administration and the DOJ for giving the Black Panthers a pass and I'm just getting started. I've called out such racists as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, NAACP, Maxine Waters, Tom Joyner, Black Panthers, President Obama, Van Jones, Ben Jealous, Black Caucus, and many other "self appointed" Black Leaders. Their blatant racism and divisional tactics have plagued our society for too long and it's time for us to start challenging their poison. I've done just that and I hope many other blacks join my efforts.

Thank you for pointing out an obvious cancer in our society. Blacks can't have it both ways and I'm going to keep voicing this until the day I die.

Asia Reeves
(Diesel Lady)

Ed Coyne said...

There's no such thing as 'reverse discrimination'. There is only discrimination.

Anonymous said...

Seems she had that "one drop" mentality. Which is completely racist.

Tuesday said...

Asia, amazing comment! Thank you so much.

Ed, Yep, yep...that is true.

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner