2009-08-08

From "Nice" to "Jerk" In Just a Short Couple of Days

Being on Facebook is great. It allows me to promote my blog, meet people that have the same interests as me, stalk really hot guys (just kidding, not really), and of course catching up with all my great friends from high school.

Oh, the thrills of running into the people that saw you do the most retarded things while growing up. They were there for the tears, the broken hearts, the school plays/musicals that you performed in, the really embarrassing moments of falling UP the stairs, the ones that held your hair back when you were puking from drinking too much Cisco, the bad hair, the ugly rumors, and of course the time you had a friend call in sick for you to school, only to forget that your dad works with the husband of the woman that works in the attendance office AND, who also went to school with your mother. Yes...I did do some really stupid things in school.

So, I was quite surprised earlier this week when a former classmate of mine had decided to reveal to me that he has had a "crush" on me since the magical junior year of high school. What surprised me most was his timing.

It all started a few weeks back when I accepted his friend request. We had exchanged some very general "how are you doing?," "how've you been?" type messages. During this time, I did explain I was going through a really bad divorce, I'm alone in raising my daughter, and I've found happiness in my blog and business that I've been working on. He then decided to ask me if I would like to go out for drinks. I explained that I really don't do that anymore but, maybe we could go to a place like a restaurant and bar, so that I could bring my daughter. This was acceptable to him.

Great! Well, I couldn't really go out right away. I have been rather busy and then of course, the move was coming up so, I did explain all this to him and then, the day I'm moving, he decides to tell me this gem of information, that he has had a crush on me since junior year and that he would like to date me. He also included at the end a statement that he doesn't mind that I have a daughter, he's okay that I'm a single mom. I didn't know what to say really. I am not at all attracted to this man but, not only that, I felt as though he should really know that I am not interested in dating anyone at this point in my life. I'm going through a divorce and I've had my heart broken one too many times.

So, I felt kind of bad. I mean, he's always seemed to be this really nice person and I didn't want to be mean to him so, I just explained that I'm flattered but, that there was no interest in dating anyone at this time. So, he responds with a rather odd statement. He tells me that he'd still like to go out as friends and "not to worry" because, he's not, "looking for anything serious" and he would, "never get married" or anything like that.

Well, this is sort of odd to me. Why would someone take a perfectly nice plan of going out and being casual, as friends, and then turning around and asking me on a "DATE" if you aren't serious about anything? I was very confused but, I didn't want to jump to any conclusions, just yet.

So, I decided to ask him why he would be interested in dating if, he isn't looking for a relationship? I mean, that's the whole point of dating.

He then tells me that, well...here, I'll just let you read it for yourself...


My whole outlook on dating is like this. I use to listen to ex-empolyees piss and moan about their relationships, whether it was a girlfriend or wife. It made me think that relationships ain't what they seem to be. Why go though with it if all your going to do is fight about STUPID SHIT in the first place it doesn't make since to me. Thats why it don't take things seriously any more.


At this point I am just stewing inside. What if I did accept and go on a date with him? Would it have been at that point he would have told me, all he really wanted was a fling?

My jewel of a response...

So, you asked me out on a date with the intention of what? Getting down my pants? You really think I'm looking for a fling?

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?

The more I think about this, the more angrier I become.

I cannot believe you would ask me out and then, when I say, I'm not interested in dating, you reveal your true colors, which you are just like every other guy that has dicked with my heart.

Well, isn't that nice?

The worst part is, I really thought you were a nice guy this whole time.

Have a nice day. Really.


I am still livid over this and then, the a$$hole has the nerve to block ME from Facebook?!?! Are you kidding me? So, this is why I decided to post all the sorted details and what an absolute jerk this guy really is, at his core.

You see, this is the guy that goes around saying stuff like, "Oh, nice guys finish last." I have news for these so-called "nice-guys" and I've met many of them..."You don't finish last because, you're nice. You finish last because, deep down at your core, you're a complete a$$hole that deserves what you get!"

I simply cannot believe that even when I'm not looking for a man, one of them has to come along and remind me that all they are looking for is to get down my pants! It's truly annoying. Thank G-d I'm friends with enough men to know that they are all like this...LOL!

*I was going to put the actual name of the person that did this crap but, I ruled against it, seemed more tasteful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner