2010-11-16

Rangel - Guilty

AP – House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct Chair Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., leaves a close door …

The House ethics panel figured out that a liberal democrat like Charles Rangel and ethics, are similar to oil and water-- they don't mix. Then, again, to be fair, this seems to be the trend for most any politician.

Charles was convicted on 11 out of 13 counts of breaking ethics rules. Of course, Rangel is saying this is unfair. I'm sure the race card is coming up soon.

"How can anyone have confidence in the decision of the ethics subcommittee when I was deprived of due process rights, right to counsel and was not even in the room?" Rangel said in a written statement. "I can only hope that the full committee will treat me more fairly, and take into account my entire 40 years of service to the Congress before making any decisions on sanctions."

Deprived of due process? How long can we delay this, Rangel? Are you kidding me? You have been given special treatment as far as anyone else can see.

He called the panel's findings "unprecedented" because there was no rebuttal evidence. He complained that the rejection of his appeal for more time violated "the basic constitutional right to counsel."

Rangel, echoing a statement he made in August in a speech to the House, added, "any failings in my conduct were the result of "good faith mistakes" and were caused by "sloppy and careless recordkeeping, but were not criminal or corrupt."

So, let me get this straight...as long as my INTENT is okay and, just maybe "sloppy" that makes whatever I do okay? Hmmm....I'll have to remember this if I ever do something wrong. Last I checked, ignorance of the law is NO excuse. How does a man who talks about his years and years of service not know that very basic principle of the law? Yes, I went to college but, I've always known that and Charles' is really smart...

He also was found guilty of failing to disclose at least $600,000 in assets and income in a series of inaccurate reports to Congress; using a rent-subsidized New York apartment for a campaign office, when it was designated for residential use; and failure to report to the IRS rental income from a housing unit in a Dominican Republic resort.

Click title of post for full story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner