2010-11-24

Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone!

I made this post to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I have much to be thankful for, especially this year. I made the choice to stop looking for a job and work from home. There have been some ups and downs but, mostly just ups. There are so many benefits for me staying home. I spend very little on gas money for driving, I get to stay home with my baby, who is growing so fast, and I get to spend more time doing what I love --writing.

I never planned on being a writer. I first wanted to be on stage, and I did do that for awhile. Then, finally decided to go back to school and major in chemistry. Well, one thing led to another and here I am. I am very grateful indeed.

I am even more grateful for the amount of traffic I have been getting to my blog the last few months. It has literally exploded and, for only being online for a little over a year, I am amazed.

I am very grateful for my family and friends. I am grateful to live in the greatest damn nation on the planet! I can't imagine what my great grandparents went through when they decided to pick up everything and come here LEGALLY, to a place they really knew nothing about. My father's side of the family was already here, Native American/Mexican. I have an odd ancestry, from what I know of anyway. It's what drives me though. It's what makes me so invested in what goes on in this country.

May the Lord Bless you and your family over this holiday weekend. I might pop in over the weekend so be sure to check in, if you have the time, otherwise, I will see you all on Monday!

Love,
 Tuesday

2 comments:

Mike Mazzeo said...

I am so happy everything is working for you with writing and your blog. This is America and I agree with what you said you are blessed to live in the greatest nation on Earth. Don't every apologize for your mixed ancestry of immigrants for I come from a family of LEGAL immigrants who are proud to be here as Americans. I truly believe we are a Melting Pot and that when we are a melting pot and not a chamber pot or a "tossed salad" we are at our best a nation of immigrants from all backgrounds who want to assimilate who keep a little of the old world while mixing it with the new world.

God Bless you, your family and America!

Tuesday said...

Thank you, Mike. I'm very grateful we've become closer friends this year!

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner