2010-07-05

Petraeus Vows to Win in Afgan

General Petraeus is now in change of the war in Afghanistan. He is vowing to win via his counterinsurgency strategy.
"In answer, we must demonstrate to the people and to the Taliban that Afghan and international forces are here to safeguard the Afghan people, and that we are in this to win," Petraeus said on the Fourth of July, U.S. Independence Day.
With rules on engagement, dwindling public support, and deadlines that have been placed on the war by the Obama administration, it is looking pretty gloom in Afghanistan. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I have no military experience, and I'm not even sure what to believe. It doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. It simply means, I feel that I don't have enough information to honestly believe I can make an intelligent opinion.  

The problem is, we have a left wing media that is clearly against this war. We have a president that lacks experience in leading, other than organizing a few BBQ's in Chicago. It's hard to go through all this information and actually feel informed. 


What if there is a way to win in Afghanistan? What will "winning" look like? Have we really done all we can? Should we leave? What will us leaving do to that area? This is an entirely different type of war. There are no clear lines. These people are not represented by a government and in uniforms. They use women and children to fight this war.


Click title of post for full story. 


Please leave comments. I'd love to hear from everyone. I know I have quite a few readers that are in the military or have military experience so, I'd be very interested in what you all think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner