2010-07-03

Blago Watch!

Click title of post for full story.

The corruption trial carries on. We continue to learn more about how Blagojevich was a man with delusions of grandeur.

The following is a conversation between Blagojevich and Former Deputy Governor Doug Scofield.
BLAGO: "But you know what about Patti on some, you know corporate boards? Paid Corporate boards right now. Can they help us that way?"
SCOFIELD: "I think they could."
BLAGO: "Yeah. so..."
SCOFIELD: "The, the President-elect, they think he can do most anything he sets his mind to if he wants."
BLAGO: "Yeah."

Also included on the tapes, a conversation between Blago and political consultant Bill Knapp.

Some spoke their mind. In one call, political consultant Bill Knapp advises Blagojevich not to name himself to the Senate:

KNAPP: "Because I think it's a--it makes you a national joke."

Later in the call Blagojevich lets loose:

BLAGO:: "I mean, you guys are telling me I just gotta suck it up for two years and do nothing. Give this (expletive) his Senator. (Expletive) him! For nothing? (Expletive) him. I'll put Louanner there before I do that."
KNAPP: "You'd do what?"
BLAGO: "I'll put Louanner in the Senate before I just give (expletive) Valerie Jarrett a (expletive) Senate seat, and I don't get anything from some (expletive) chicken (expletive)...Oh, don't get me started."

So, it's clear the defense is going to be blaming the people and advisers around Blagojevich. It is their defense that no one corrected him but, too bad for the defense that ignorance is NO excuse of the law. Especially when the defendant is someone who should KNOW the law. Not to mention, just common sense should have told him what he was trying to do was WRONG.

If I get pulled over for speeding and my excuse is that I didn't know the speed limit, that isn't an excuse. I will still get a ticket. That applies to any law.

This case is open and shut. Blago is an utter fraud. The more this trial carries on, the more I am absolutely convinced of his guilt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner