2011-02-20

The Tolerance of Liberals

Not sure if it's the moon and the stars but, this week liberals have been especially intolerant with me.

The example I'm providing now is an exchange with someone I was friends with in high school. I always liked the guy. I never had any issues with him but, I'm sure I will be "de-friended" soon.

I found him on Facebook and requested his friendship, and he accepted. 

Click image to enlarge.

Now, notice the time difference between the last two responses from him. I didn't know how to respond to the Fox News comment. In my opinion, the guy probably doesn't even watch Fox News. He's a typical liberal that hates them for no other reason than being told they are evil from the likes of Media Matters, or some celebrity that said so. Personally, I'm not a fan of much of the media in general so, what do I care if he doesn't like Fox News?

I just let it drop because, what's the point? He's not conservative. That's fine. I don't need all my friends to think the same way I think. He couldn't let it drop though. He had to insult Glenn but, knowing that I'm a fan, he had to take a stab at me. Why? Why is he being so nasty over this?

I'm not sure what "negative cognitive dissonance" is... as opposed to "positive cognitive dissonance"? Does that even make sense? I didn't know what else to say but, "thank you for the insults." I'm not sure why it matters to him that I'm a Glenn Beck fan.


It just always amazes me how these people talk about tolerance but, what they really mean is they only have compassion, tolerance, and love for those that think the exact same way they do.

2 comments:

Mike Mazzeo said...

Liberals are the least tolerant people on Earth. He sounds like every liberal "friend" of mine. I love how they always have to bring up politics when talking to a conservative, bash the views with no facts or logic and then personally attack you for your views when all you wanted to do was re-connect. This something liberals only do always have to bring up politics among friends even when the original subject was not that and then personally insult you for your views. It doesn't matter if you went to high school or college with them or are life long friends they find a way to insult you. It doesn't matter "how nice they seem" they will be mean and rude to you. It is because they think they are better than you and everyone else because they are liberal. Liberals are truly the most hateful group I have ever meet.

- Mike Mazzeo, The Free World Blog

http://freeworldblog.net

Anonymous said...

Mike knows what's up. LOL

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner