2010-02-05

People That Believe In G-d Are Scary

Or, so I've just been told!

Another liberal attacking Sarah Parlin because, she "believes in an invisible god."

I'm so addicted to Facebook! I get to meet and see all sorts of different people express the most absurd views.

This older Savage diatribe was posted and of course, being a huge Savage fan, I "liked" the post and made a comment to the effect that I agree with Savage.



Of course, in walks a liberal I have dealt with in the past. I guess after much time has passed, he feels as though he can beat me in an argument now. He basically said Sarah Palin was ignorant and it's not at all unreasonable for Matt Damon to express his concern. The exact quote:

Damon is jealous of Sarah Palin? Huh? No, he's scared of her ignorance and how close she became to the white house. Sounds pretty simple and doesn't need pyscho analysis.

In return, I asked him, point blank, what ignorance he was referring to? I reminded him that she was the governor of the state of Alaska and, that the person he voted for in the White House had practically NO experience doing anything other than organizing a few BBQ's.

His response?

You're seriously defending Sarah Palin? Besides, this wasn't a competition of who is more qualified. Strictly a assesment of Palin's scariness. You would vote for her? You've gotta just be playing devil's advocate or something. C'mon.

Do you notice how he has now changed his original point?  First, she was ignorant. Now, it's not about ignorance at all, it's all about being scary.

My response:

Yes, I like Sarah Palin. I'm not much of a "woman in politics" sort of person. I happen to find a great deal of wisdom in women NOT being in politics because, I find many of them vote strictly on how good a candidate looks. Especially amongst liberal women. Most of them haven't a clue as to what their candidate supports; they lack any knowledge of the issues and when you question them, they say, "I just can't talk about this with you!"

*eyeroll*

I do like Sarah Palin. I think she would have done a great job as vice president and, judging her by an interview that was cut up worse than a Freddy Kruger victim, is hardly a way to judge her and say she is "scary." How is she scary?

Why wouldn't I defend her? What's your point? 


So, at this point, I'm waiting to hear what it is that he finds so scary about Sarah Palin that wasn't scary about Barack Obama. I mean, his name alone is enough to give one concern, his ties to terrorists, communism, being a puppet for the far-left in this country, ect. No, none of THOSE things scared him but, Sarah Palin did?


Here's his highly thought out, quite telling response:


She clearly didn't have a grasp on reality. We didn't need another un-informed god freak who thinks an invisible man is telling her what to do near the white house. I mean you did watch her interviews right? You wouldn't defend her because she is a muppet, you're clearly more itelligent than she and I'm not sure why you'd want her as a reprasentative or person in charge. Or you're so wound up in your conservatism you can't make clear judgements.

Now, I could be rude and point out that the words are: puppet, intelligent, representative, and judgments respectively but, I'll ignore that because, it truly is trite. 

If you notice, I had already addressed the interviews in my previous post and how they were butchered in a biased way. I brought the interviews up immediately because, this is a TALKING point with liberals. This is what they get in their emails from Barber Boxer or, Nancy Pelosi or, some other left wing nut sending out bullet points for democraps to talk about. 

He was so eager to bring up the interviews, that he didn't even read my previous post. So, his answer was given to me in a round about way. He thinks she's scary because she is a "god freak." 


Let me just say, for a group of people who claim to be so tolerant, so accepting, so politically correct, they bow down to anyone that is a minority, they kiss ass with anyone that says they are a part of sexual deviant group, fine...but, wow do they show their utter nastiness when it comes to G-d. 

I, personally, have such a hard time hearing the words, "G-d d---," and "J---- C-----!" I cringe. I, also, if you notice do not even spell G-d's name out to show my respect for Him. This is not something I have to do. This is a choice I have made and I realize that not everyone does that; it doesn't bother me terribly when people spell His name out but, when people do not capitalize the word G-d, when referring to one True G-d, AND they are liberal and a part of the "PC movement" I DO get upset. Why am I, as a Christian in training, not afforded the same "sensitivity"? 


At the same time, I do get over this easily, because, I am not into PC crap. I just find it annoying how selective these folks are and, they flat out refuse to recognize this. 


So, I simply pointed out that there is nothing wrong with a belief in G-d. I had to repeat that the interviews with Palin were chopped up and biased. 


Bottom line, his point:


Other than, any political opinion you've ever said is really a moot point. Because you would base your vote only if he/she subscribes to the same invisible space god as you do.
Too bad. We need less god.


 This type of response just floors me.

Then, of course, he does what every atheist does:


So the bible is perfect and so you live by it? 

Let's attack the Bible because, you know, it was written by man. This is such an odd argument to me. I go by the KJV and yes, there are some flaws but, it's perfect in it's own right. The Bible was written in a way that it's translations were reviewed several times and scrutinized, a truly democratic way of translating the words. So, yes, I trust the Bible and, see it's wisdom.

The liberal however will spend about two-thirds of their argument attacking the Bible, saying it's stupid to believe in a book (that ironically has been protected all these years...I mean, what other books have survived that long?), that it was written by man so, it's just a flawed book and filled with out-dated ideas, ect. We've all heard these arguments before but, then, these same people want to put their whole lives from cradle-to-the grave in the hands of a government, ran by man????  I just don't get it at all.

You can't have it  both ways. Christians admit that the Bible has flaws to a degree. It is perfect in it's own right.We know man is flawed; that is exactly why we trust ourselves to make the best decisions for our lives. We also trust that others can make their own decisions for their lives. When you have the government making all your decision, that is not freedom and, you are putting your trust in another flawed man.

At least, most the atheists I know are actually conservative or, libertarian. That is at least consistent with their beliefs.

Yet, to this man, Christian conservatives are scary and, "don't have a grasp on reality."




1 comments:

sans said...

WTG defending and standing up for your beliefs against the unrelenting assault, ignorance, and intolerance of the left, Tuesday.

Never waver. Semper fidelis.

ex-Navy Corpsman

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner