2010-02-02

Obama Seeks Money for Nuclear Weapons Work

Not that I have a problem with Obama trying to do more to protect us, I just find it odd that this is something he's doing when he seems to do a lot of lecturing in his speeches about disarming.

President Barack Obama is seeking increased funding for nuclear weapons research and security programs next year, even as his administration promotes nonproliferation and has pledged to reduce the world's stockpile of nuclear arms.

I guess a few things could be happening here. One, he could be starting to realize that a nation needs to protect itself and, that we do have enemies we cannot negotiate with or, he's planning on dominating the world or, I don't know.

Greg Mello, director of the nuclear watchdog Los Alamos Study Group, said budgets for NNSA and DOE have increased in recent years, but the nation "hasn't seen any increase in weapons activities like this since the early years of Ronald Reagan."

Seriously, I suppose I should applaud him, and I would, it's just that I don't trust him. I don't like his character. I don't like the people he surrounds himself with. He lacks integrity.


He called the budget "a complete surrender to Senate Republicans," who have argued that stockpile reductions must be accompanied by a modernized nuclear weapons complex.

I could be wrong, this just smells fishy to me. 

Click title for the full story and details.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner