2010-12-14

Obama Thinks Americans Will Support Him

By Charles Dharapak, AP

In his recent criticisms from fellow democrats, Obama promises to fight the Republicans on other issues, come next year.

"I will be happy to see the Republicans test whether or not I'm itching for a fight on a whole range of issues," Obama said last week. "I suspect they will find I am. And I think the American people will be on my side on a whole bunch of these fights."

He thinks the American people will be on his side?  Well, that sounds really promising. I guess this whole tax compromise was about moving to the center, only to later run left again.

On the Republican side of this issue:
Republicans are also sharpening their weapons, saying that raising anyone's taxes in a bad economy is a bad idea.

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., a key member of the new House Republican majority, said yesterday on Fox News Sunday that his party will produce a package of spending cuts next year.

"We are not interested in raising taxes," Ryan said. "We're going to come out of the gates going after spending ... spending cuts, spending controls, reforms of the structure of spending."
Click title of post for full story. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner