2010-10-21

Did You Know?

I have decided to try and add a new feature to this blog called, "Did You Know?" I hope that you like it. It will be me simply picking out some fun facts about politics and law. In this section of "Did You Know?" the topic will be Ableman vs. Booth.


Please feel free to add any other information. 


Ableman vs. Booth

This case came about in the year 1859. The Supreme Court had established that if there is a prisoner that was held in federal custody, a writ of habeas corpus issued by a state court would not allow the release of that prisoner. This case solidified independence of federal and state courts. No judicial process has authority that is outside of its own jurisdiction.

For more details about this case, click here, or title of post. Very interesting stuff.

1 comments:

Todd Bolduc said...

I think the "did you know?" section is a great idea... I used to do one on my facebook page when we were with ecoquest.... great minds think alike ;-)
Todd Bolduc

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner