2010-03-31

Drilling Off of US Coasts

"We're announcing the expansion of offshore oil and gas exploration but in ways that balance the need to harness domestic energy resources and the need to protect America's natural resources," Obama said, according to his prepared remarks released in advance by the White House. "This announcement is part of a broader strategy that will move us from an economy that runs on fossil fuels and foreign oil to one that relies more on homegrown fuels and clean energy. And the only way this transition will succeed is if it strengthens our economy in the short term and long term."

Well far be it from me from giving the man some credit. Good for Obama. I actually agree with something he's doing.

Pardon me, my jaw appears to be laying on the floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with this, too...only I question Obama's motives. Perhaps it is a ploy to get the right-wingers on his side? Perhaps there is some other motive we're unaware of? I don't trust anything this administration does.

Tuesday said...

LOL! Neither do I!!!! I try and be fair when I can but, it's hard not to be EXTREMELY skeptical.

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner