2011-10-21

Finally Some Sanity -- No You Can't Wear That Head Scarf!

Finally**** Yes, I originally spelled that in the title wrong. I knew it looked weird and for some reason, no squiggly, red line was found.
(Media credit: WTFV-T)

Demin Zawity, a high school freshman, was banned from participating in a ROTC march, the school's homecoming parade, because she refused to take off her head scarf.
“I was like, you’ve got to be kidding me. I wanted to just break down crying right there,” Zawity told Nashville’s WTVF-TV. “They‘re telling me I’m not allowed to march in the parade just because of a piece of cloth wrapped around my head. And to me it‘s not like it’s just a piece of cloth, to me, it’s like my symbol."

Yeah, a symbol of slavery and the oppression of women! Get that damn thing off your head now! In fact, I would like to see them go a step further and request she not wear that stupid thing at school, period. There is no reason to be wearing that scarf when you are in a free country! That scarf is a symbol of oppression and should be completely discouraged. It is time to make a stand and recognize that not all religions are equal, some are cults.

This has nothing to do with religion and if it's "just a piece of cloth" as she says, then she can just, "take it off." Furthermore, how would CAIR or other bleeding hearts feel if this were someone wearing a white hood? Would that be okay? All symbols, religious or not are not equal. Some represent violence and non-equality.

Click title of post for full story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner