2010-09-09

Imam is Denying Deal Made With Rev. Terry Jones??

AP – Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center speaks to the media as Imam Muhammad Musri of the …

Even though it was reported that the Quran burning was canceled because, the Rev Jones made a deal with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, it is now being said that the deal is denied by the Imam.

Click title of post for full story.

"I told the pastor that I personally believe the mosque should not be there, and I will do everything in my power to make sure it is moved," Musri said. "But there is not any offer from there (New York) that it will be moved. All we have agreed to is a meeting, and I think we would all like to see a peaceful resolution."
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf said he was surprised by the announcement and that he would not barter.

So, what's going on here? Is Jones trying to save face and, back out of the burning? Or, did he really believe that some deal was made? Who's lying here? I don't know. I better wait and reserve judgment on this one. I've already miscalled this! 

Speaking to reporters later, Jones was adamant that he was promised that the Islamic center would be moved, and said he would be "very, very disappointed" if it were not.
Thoughts?

Quick UPDATE from Twitter. Park 51 is reporting:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner