2009-11-13

A Lesson About Dealing With Terrorists From The Dick Van Dyke Show

I'm sure you're thinking, "What does 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' tell anyone about dealing with terrorists?" Well, the truth is, the show doesn't mention terrorism but, there is a great episode that teaches a lesson in appeasement.

For those of you not familiar with the old sitcom, "The Dick Van Dyke Show," it features, Dick Van Dyke playing Robert Petrie, who is a writer for a television show. His co-workers included the GREAT Morey Amsterdam, and the equally GREAT Rose Marie. Robert is married to Laura, Mary Tyler Moore, and they have a son named Ritchie, who was played by Larry Mathews.

In one episode that sticks out in my head, Ritchie comes home with a black eye. After questioning Ritchie, Laura and Rob discover that it is a girl that is hitting him and continues to do so. Robert then goes and speaks with the father who, in turn, asks his daughter, who happens to be a very nice, sweet looking girl, if she hit Ritchie, to which she replies, "Oh, I love Ritchie, I would never hurt him."

The father of the little girl will not listen nor discipline his daughter and Robert must discuss with Laura what else they can do to stop this girl from hitting and bullying their son. With much protest from Laura, at first, they both decide to tell Ritchie, "if she hits you, you have our permission to hit her back."

Of course, the episode ends up fine. Ritchie didn't hit the little girl. I think she ends up kissing him or something but, the point is, the whole message of how to deal with a bully. Sure, they wanted to talk and be civil but, as soon as Robert realized that was out of the question, he knew something else had to be done. Both he and Laura didn't want to see their son get hit but, if the other side is completely unreasonable, more drastic measures need to be taken.

Isn't this what we see with terrorism from Muslim extremists? Have we not repeatedly tried to sit down and deal with them, talk with them, try to be civil with them? This has been going on for YEARS and YEARS now! Does Obama know that he cannot negotiate with terrorists? Apparently, he doesn't. I believe when you try and do the same thing over and over again, expecting different results, it's called insanity.

Now, look at this article:

President Obama was in Japan Friday as Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the self-proclaimed architect of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks Khalid Sheik Mohammed and four other Guantanamo Bay detainees will stand trial in a federal civilian courtroom down the street from the site where the World Trade Center's twin towers once stood.

First of all, this man is NOT a citizen. He should not be afforded the same rights as one and second of all, even if he were a citizen, he would be considered a traitor and would not be afforded the same rights as a citizen. What the hell is Obama doing?!

The worst part is, some people actually believe that Obama is supporting the Constitution! There are literally people in this world that support this absolutely insane decision! I couldn't believe my eyes when I was reading a thread started by a friend on Facebook. He actually had some nut-job arguing with him about this being rational and in line with our Constitution and unless you're a Constitutional lawyer, she didn't want to hear of anything else.

What kind of a moron doesn't know that a sworn enemy of this country, not born here, isn't a citizen, is NOT protected by the Constitution?

When I tried to explain to her how foolish her beliefs were, by presenting her with facts, all she could respond with was how "rude" I am and, that I'm ignorant and, young. I should have thanked her for the "young" comment but, I was so appalled by her completely dodging the question, I forgot.

What difference does it make if I am rude? Do these people really think that I have time to sit down and pussy foot around with them? They are not nice to me when they are making their points. Why should they expect anyone to be "nice-nice" with them when their beliefs are putting the citizens of this country at risk? I'm really sick and tired of being told that I'm being "rude" or, that I need to respect someone I don't even know, other than their disgusting worship of the big-eared commie that now sits in our White House.

If someone feels I'm talking "down to them" or, that I'm not being "nice" well, too bad. I don't have time to worry about my delivery or yours. Make your points, actually try and counter the argument instead of whining like a baby about how it was delivered to you.

What Obama is doing is appeasing the enemy. He is showing weakness to terrorism and quite frankly, this is disrespecting the REAL citizens of this country that we lost on 9/11. How dare he do this! I am completely satiated by this man. This is a message to the terrorists that we are weak and timorous. This man belongs in a military court, closed doors, and maybe even a rubber hose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner