2014-09-08

Why the Right Says the Media is Left

I often hear many people on the left mock those of us on the right whenever the topic of the media is brought up. As many of you already know the right, in general, does believe the media is predominately left. This of course is completely dismissed by those on the left and they typically follow up with insulting, snide remarks about Fox News.

For myself, I do believe most of the people who work in mainstream are certainly left of center. We all have a bias and those in the media are no different.

Fox News is but ONE station and they are not as conservative or right as many on the left would like to imagine. In fact, it's quite clear those who criticize Fox never watch the station. I find that quite odd. It's almost impossible to get an explanation from them or an example of how specifically Fox is deceitful. The watchdog sites for Fox are outrageous. They distort a lot of information but, they also seem to ignore that the other stations like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and NBC all make mistakes as well. We need to remember that initial reports are almost never fully accurate and news stations are looking for ratings; they want to be the first to report. Perhaps this rush to get on is a bit irresponsible but, I do not feel it's intentional.

This blog right here, my very own blog, I have made mistakes. I wish I could say otherwise but, I've rushed to get a story on or I missed something that I didn't notice before. I try to change any of my older articles if I happen to remember but, that's not always the case.

The point is, we all make mistakes and no news station is above doing so but, to suggest that one station is lying while simultaneously suggesting the other stations are above the fray - well that's just naive.

I think I might turn this into a series but, for now I just wanted to pointed out an example of media bias. Please understand that when the right is saying the media is left it is precisely because we continually witness the media distort or hide information from the public. Is this done on purpose or accident? Well, again, I don't know that it's on purpose. I think they just have a bias that seems to impede them from digging further and when you couple that with strong deadlines it's hard to come out with a truly objective story.



This video shows Pelosi sounding like a complete idiot. I want you to note that the mainstream media would never show this type of video to their audience. However, if this were Sarah Palin, this would have been shown repeatedly and of course Saturday Night Live would have had Tina Fey or whoever is playing Sarah Palin these days mocking Palin. Talk shows on MSNBC would cover this for their full-hour programs and we could expect to hear about it from time to time for over a year - maybe even more!

Yet another example of the media clearly playing favorites.

Why does the right say the media is left? Obviously because of the things like this.

Is the media left? You decide and comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner