2010-04-06

Health Care Bill - Part Seven

I took Sunday off, as a break from the health care bill but, I'm back and reading it, once again. Thank you for joining me...

Beginning on pg. 427 - SEC. 2003. REQUIREMENT TO OFFER PREMIUM ASSISANCE FOR EMPLOYER-SPONSORED INSURANCE.

This is self explanatory and, I think this is just stating as it did before, that an employer must offer at least one silver level and one gold level. There's some "striking and adding" concerning children but, I'm not exactly sure what they are saying. I think they are saying that you must cover your child but, it looks like the state can determine if you are required to do so until the age of 19.

The bill overall does require that insurance companies at least offer coverage for people who have children all the way until they are 26.

SEC. 2004. MEDICAID COVERAGE FOR FORMER FOSTER CARE CHILDREN.

If the child was in the care of the government for more than six months of the year. It doesn't matter if it's consecutive or not but, they must also be under 25.

SEC. 2005. PAYMENTS TO TERRITORIES

This section discusses increase in payments to territories of the US: Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa.

Pg. 432 SEC. 2006. SPECIAL ADJUSTMENT TO FMAP DETERMINATION FOR CERTAIN STATES RECOVERING FROM A MAJOR DISASTER.

FMAP = Federal medical assistance percentage...in case you were wondering. I, myself, didn't know what that was.

This section just states that if the president declares a disaster, the state will receive increased funds for medical assistance.


Pg. 436 Subtitle B—Enhanced Support for the Children’s Health Insurance Program

SEC. 2101. ADDITIONAL FEDERAL FINANCIAL PARTICIPATION FOR CHIP

At this point, I'm having issues accessing the bill. It keeps giving me an error message and, I think this has to do with my current, wireless connection. As soon as I figure out how to solve this issue, I will come back and finish. Thank you for your patience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner