2015-03-31

Knox and Sollecito - Not Guilty?

Yes, you read that correct. I am still a bit shell shocked over this recent decision by Italy's highest court. In addition no re-trial was ordered. It seems that as far as the murder is concerned these two have been given the permission to walk away free and clear. This is it. This is their final verdict.

It took me quite some time to write this as the verdict was announced Friday and here it is Wednesday the following week. We will have to wait even longer for the reasoning from the court. According to sources I have read this means an additional 45 days.

While I do not agree with this final verdict, I am forced to accept it. I am glad it's over but, I am so very disappointed. It's Casey Anthony verdict all over again. Still, I wait anxiously to read the court's reasoning for making this ruling. It all seems to make no sense considering the evidence. It is near impossible for me to believe these two were not involved in this crime.

Pretty much everyone who has known these two are guilty are in complete shock. There are more questions then answers. How could this have happened? Was this a political decision? Was someone paid off? Did Sollecito's father pay for this judgement as he tried to pay for witnesses prior? It all makes no sense.

Here are Knox and her mother reacting to the decision:



Rough transcript (yes I'm being sarcastic, my usual a##hole self):
I just wanted to say that I'm incredibly grateful for being able to walk away free. You saved my life because I almost had to get hauled off to jail again. I'm still absorbing this moment. I can't believe these judges were so incredibly stupid. I'm so happy! I want to do cartwheels.  
Knox's mom says she's so happy.  
Oh yeah, better say something about Meredith..... ugh....let me see.....ugh...yeah, let me pause and get dramatic. Am I emotional enough? She was my friend. She deserved a lot but she f###ing bled to death and I'm the lucky one! I could just kill for a pizza! Hahahaha! Bye! 

Yes, it amazes me how there were no tears and almost forced emotions when it came to talking about Meredith. Meredith was a complete afterthought for her and STILL she can only worry about Amanda. Yes, she was the lucky one indeed. She comes across so very fake to me.

I still cannot believe that so many people bought into the US media and the bizarre things they claimed concerning this case. The trial testimony is for all to see.

I want to hear what Rudy has to say. I really do. I wonder how he feels knowing that he will be the only one who will serve time for this murder.

I have much more to write but as of right now, I can only say that I will wait for the court's report. I have grave doubts about its accuracy and reasoning but at the same time I realize I have no other choice but to accept this verdict.

The ONE and only thing I believe we can ALL agree on would be that this process was way too long. It's much too long for the victim's family. It's also much too long for Knox and Sollecito's family. Yes, of course I believe completely in their guilt but a defendant does have a right to know their verdict. This was much too slow to be called justice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

However slow the process was, it is nothing compared with the slowness of your own brain. Only someone whose brain circuits were not properly connecting could see guile in Knox's last statement to the press.

Unknown said...

What? She was only sincere when speaking about her own freedom.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the cheap shot was necessary, but "Anon" on Apr/4 is quite right. And it is an absolute no-brainer that Knox and Sollecito are innocent, and it is well known who the real killer is in the Kercher murder.

It's quite interesting that this blogger would believe in the unprecedented in human history conspiracy between three strangers that is necessary for Knox and Sollecito to be guilty, but at the same time refused to believe that several people (all good friends and well known to each other) would have conspired, in another case, to murder Betsy Faria.

Such contradictions are one good indication of Alt Conserv being wrong in both these cases.

Tuesday said...

LOL! Interesting how you seem so confident yet here you are on my blog still arguing a case that's over. Hmmmm... they were acquitted and one would think their defenders would not need to continue to be out in full force?? I wonder why that is?

When I was an active supporter of George Zimmerman, I celebrated; I was happy, and I moved on with my life. I no longer needed to defend what was PROVEN.

In any case, in order to believe Amanda, you have to come up with one excuse after the next and sorry but nobody has that much "bad luck" unless of course they did something wrong.

As to your other assertion concerning three people - you don't know they were strangers but even more to the point, you don't seem to know much about crime. I can only assume this is perhaps your first case that you've ever followed, you are too young, or you are sheltered. Nice try though.

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner