2013-09-11

September 11th, 2001

09-11-01

The day that shall live in infamy. It is also the day of my birth. There's not much I can say that has not already been said. Even though we should remember this day and what happened, it does not mean that we should wallow in the horror and terror that we all experienced that particular day.

My heart goes out to all the families and friends who were directly affected by this terror attack.

For me, I remember being scared and very angry. I was worried about the people I knew that were living in New York at the time. I was worried about the people I didn't know living in New York at the time. There was nothing I could do but stay near the tv, listen to the radio, and pray. I did manage to go out to dinner but it was only to get my mind off of what was going on. Earlier that same year, I had lost my mother. In the previous month, I had lost a childhood friend; he was so young. Then came this.

Terror is real and we need to be aware of it. We do need to be reminded but we also need to look forward to our futures and focus on the things we have; we must be grateful for all that has been given to us.

Today was a day that I woke up happy but, after last year's Benghazi, I can also say I was a bit uneasy. I just wanted today to be calm and so far it has been. For that, I am truly grateful.

Let us remember and be grateful for our lives. We are the living; we are the ones who will go forth and we are the ones who will have to tell our children what this day means. My daughter is only 4, about to be 5. I hope by the time she is older I will be able to offer her some wisdom and understanding concerning the importance of this day.

G-d Bless America.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  The Alternative Conservative                  
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner